It is annoying when adware, weird toolbar or unwanted programs are suddenly installed on your Windows computer without your permission. Unfortunately, that is what you will get if you often download and install free software from the internet.
You don’t have to worry, though. Simply install AdwCleaner in your computer, and your adware problem will be gone in a minute.
What Is AdwCleaner?
When you are downloading free software from the internet, sometimes it will automatically install adware or any unwanted programs in your computer. That is the price you need to pay for the not-so-free software.
While some software is nice enough by giving you option whether you want to install the additional toolbar or program, some others will stealthily install the unwanted program, altering the settings of your PC.
The bad news is, some of those adware and unwanted programs cannot be manually uninstalled like other good and legit programs. You need to use a third-party software to do the job, and that is where AdwCleaner will play its role.
AdwCleaner is a free software that can scan your computer, search for adware, dangerous spyware or Potentially Unwanted Program (PUP), and then quarantine them so those things will not affect or harm your computer.
Download AdwCleaner: https://www.malwarebytes.com/adwcleaner/
How to Use AdwCleaner to Clean Adware?
This is how you operate AdwCleaner to clean your computer / PC from any adware and any unwanted toolbar and program.
- Simply click Scan, and the program will automatically search for adware in your computer.
- Once the scanning process has been completed, you will see a list of suspicious items. Uncheck items that you don’t want to remove to the quarantine folder and then click Clean.
- The computer will be rebooted. After that, rerun AdwCleaner.
- Click Tools and choose Quarantine Manager. You will see the list of items that have been moved to the quarantine folder. If there are some excellent items that you think shouldn’t be on the list, check those items and then click Restore.
- If you want to delete the items that have been quarantined permanently, go to the AdwCleaner folder in your computer and then send the Quarantine folder to the recycle bin. That’s all you need to do to keep your computer free from adware.
Is AdwCleaner Safe?
Lately, there are many fake versions of AdwCleaner going around the internet, making you wary about the safety of this software. In most cases, a pop-up window will suddenly appear and say that your Windows 10 computer is infected with dangerous malware. If you want to clean your computer, you need to download the fake software for a considerable price.
Please remember that AdwCleaner is free software. So if by any chance you encounter a website where you need to pay a considerable amount of money to purchase the software, it is a scam.
But don’t let this make you afraid to download this excellent adware cleaner. As long as you download it from a reputable website, this software is completely safe and will not endanger your computer in any way.