If you consider yourself a Netbook user, you should have bootable USB because it is essential. In case you do not know how to create a bootable USB drive, I have shared the step-by-step method you can follow. The overall process is easy, so you will not have any problem in creating it.
- 1 7 Steps to Create a Bootable USB Drive
- 1.1 1. Insert your 4GB USB stick to the device’s system.
- 1.2 2. Then, continue by opening the elevated Command Prompt.
- 1.3 3. Enter the following command once Command Prompt opens
- 1.4 5. In optical drive, insert Windows DVD.
- 1.5 6. Execute commands below on command prompt
- 1.6 7. To the USB bootable drive, copy the Windows DVD
7 Steps to Create a Bootable USB Drive
One thing is clear, and the bootable USB is handy when it comes to installation. Not only does it make installation much faster but it also saves DVD. To create this USB drive, follow the steps below. You can do this for several Windows series such as Windows Vista, Windows 7, Windows 8.1 and Windows 10.
1. Insert your 4GB USB stick to the device’s system.
Make sure to back up the data stored in USB because the USB will be formatted so that the USB can be used as a bootable drive.
2. Then, continue by opening the elevated Command Prompt.
If you do not know how to do it, follow this instruction. First of all, open Start menu search field, type in CMD and hit the Shift + Ctrl + Enter at the same time. Or, you can go to Start, then All Programs, and choose Accessories.
Then, right click on the Command Prompts and complete by selecting Run as Administrator
3. Enter the following command once Command Prompt opens
DISKPART and hit Enter; the next command to enter is
LIST DISK and hit the Enter
Suppose you have done entering the commands, you will notice the number of the disk of your USB drive shown on the screen.
4. Enter the below commands.
Do it one by one and make sure to hit enter every time you are done entering one command. All the commands below are self-explanatory.
CLEAN; the next commands to enter are
CREATE PARTITION PRIMARY and
SELECT PARTITION 1
the last commands to enter are:
when you have entered all the commands, do not close the command prompt because there is one more command to execute.
5. In optical drive, insert Windows DVD.
Continue by noting down the drive letter of USB media and optical drive. In this case, I use the letter ‘H’ for the USB drive letter and ‘D’ for the optical drive letter.
6. Execute commands below on command prompt
D:CD BOOT then hit Enter
CD BOOT then hit enter
then you will notice message of “BOOTSECT.EXE/NT60 H
7. To the USB bootable drive, copy the Windows DVD
Here is the last step in creating the bootable USB drive. The copying process may take a few minutes depending on the size of the file inside the DVD. Once you are done, your bootable USB drive is ready to use. It can be used in any kinds of devices as long as it has the USB boot feature.
Do not worry because the majority of current motherboards come with this feature. Now, you do not have to ask for professional help to create the bootable USB drive.