Are you still taking the difficult road when you need to sign an electronic document—printing the document first, sign it and then scan the document back?
It is a very safe method, but not the most time efficient. If you are a simplicity fan, you can use Adobe Reader to sign your electronic document which definitely will save you time.
How to Use Adobe Reader to Sign a PDF Document?
- Launch Adobe Reader and then open the document that you want to sign.
- Click the Sign button. The button is located in the upper right part of the window.
- After that, click the triangle beside I Need to Sign to expand that section.
- You will see four options there—Add Text, Add Checkmark, Place Initials, Place Signature. To sign the PDF document, click Place Signature.
- Once you click the Place Signature button, some available options on how you can sign the document will be displayed. You can either type your signature, draw your signature, insert an image of your signature, use a certificate, or the newest option, use a webcam to sign.
- If you want the signature to look authentic, of course, it is best to draw your signature. To do it, you need to draw your signature in the provided area.
- If you are not happy with your drawing, click Clear Signature and you can start from scratch. But if you have felt satisfied, click Accept to save your signature.
- After that, you will be taken back to your document, and you will see a small box containing your signature. You can resize the box to make your signature bigger or smaller. You can also move it around and adjust it to the place where you should put your signature.
- Now that you have positioned your signature in the right place click Save and a new PDF document that contains your signature will be created. Now the signed document is ready to be printed or sent.
How to Get Others to Sign the Document?
In some cases, your signature is not the only one needed for the document. There are times when you also need to send it to your colleagues or your boss.
If they are currently miles away from you, you definitely cannot rely on the traditional print, sign and scan method. Thankfully, Adobe Reader has a solution for this as well.
If the document needs signatures from multiple people, you can use Adobe Reader’s Get Others to Sign feature. Once you click the Send for the Signature button, you can add as many files as you want to be signed by your colleagues.
However, this feature is not available in the free version, so you need to upgrade your account first. Furthermore, the documents will be shared via Adobe Cloud service, so it is necessary to purchase the cloud service to use this feature. You can also track the documents so you will be able to know whether the document has been received and signed or not.