After downloading Windows 10 from the Windows Insider Program, you can install it on your PC or laptop right way. Below will be the method of how you can install Windows 10 using a USB. Remember that you cannot downgrade to the previous version of Windows once you have installed Windows 10 unless you have a recovery media.
Preparation To Install Windows 10 From USB
Before you start installing, the PC or laptop you be installing to should at a minimum has a processor of 1 GHz and a 1 GB of RAM as well. If the PC or laptop you have is a 64-bit version, you should have 2 GB of RAM. There should also be an empty space of around 16 GB on the hard disk.
After that, prepare a USB flash disk with a capacity of 4 GB or 8 GB if your PC or laptop is the 64-bit version. You will use this USB flash disk to store the download file of Windows 10. Afterward, download the Rufus software. It is a utility that can format your USB flash disk and make it able to do booting.
Find a website online that allows you download Windows 10 Technical Preview, and then download it. All you have to do is a few clicks, and then you will be led to the download page, where you will have to choose a preferred language and version (32-bit or 64-bit) according to how you want it.
Make Your USB Flash Disk Able For Booting Using Rufus
- While the ISO file is being downloaded, open and run the Rufus software, plug in your USB flash disk to a PC or laptop and make sure that there is no important data contained in it.
- The Rufus software will automatically detect the drive, if not, then you can choose the drive manually.
- Pay attention to the box that is ticked and has ‘Create a bootable disk using’ written for it.
- Click the icon of the drive on the right end, and navigate to the place where you saved the Windows 10 ISO file to.
- Choose it, then click ‘Start’ to begin.
- Wait for a while, around 20-30 minutes.
- Do not be afraid or hesitate when the USB flash disk window appears, just let it be until the Rufus software shows the ‘DONE’ report.
- When that happens, you can close the program and remove the USB flash disk.
Install Windows 10 On Your PC Or Laptop
- Plug the USB flash disk to the USB port on the PC or laptop that you will install Windows 10, and turn on the system. Most likely, it will not be configured to boot from an external drive directly.
- Therefore, for that, you will probably have to switch to a startup menu or BIOS during POST (the early process done by a computer, if a computer is turned on).
- After that, you should do a booting from the USB flash disk to install Windows from USB, and then reboot and follow the installation guide for Windows.
- At last, you will be able to run Windows 10 on your PC or laptop.