Some browser might not perform as well as how you expect it to be. Uninstall it might the way out you want to do to get rid of it or to install it later. By this article, we will provide the easy steps on how to uninstall Google Chrome. To give you further comfort, we will give you detailed information to uninstall it based on the types of PC you used.
How to Uninstall Google Chrome?
How to Uninstall Google Chrome in Windows 10/8.1/8/7?
- Firstly, go to the menu of Windows Start, choose the All Program option then click Google Chrome button.
- After that, click the Uninstall option.
After performing this action, you might get a box asking you whether you want to delete the browser data or not. A browser data contains much information. Some of them are stored password, bookmarks, history as well as browsing preferences. If you have the eager to install Google Chrome in the future, then save this information by do not click the “Also delete browser data” option.
- When you lost Google Chrome as your default browser, you need to select another one.
- Choose one provided during the uninstallation process then click “OK” on the confirmation box.
- By completing this action, the uninstallation process will start immediately.
Not all windows might get success from doing these actions. If you face a problem then failed in uninstall your Google Chrome, then you need to turn on the manual way. This method involves the editing process of the Windows registry. Therefore it might be better for you to back up your registry before doing the following steps.
- To begin with, make sure that there is a display of the extension files. Just click the Start button and then choose the Control Panel option. Then click View. Do not forget to uncheck the “Hide extensions for known file types” box.
- Position your pointer on Google Chrome then make a right click. After that choose the “Save Link As” option and save the files in the remove.reg type.
- Close your Google Chrome browser.
- If the remove.reg icon has created on the desktop, make a double-click on it.
- Choose “Yes” on the confirmation window appeared. Then follow by choosing OK on the following box.
- Click the Start Menu then choose the Run option.
- If you use Windows XP, enter this command: %USERPROFILE%/LocalSettings/ApplicationData/Google
If you use Windows Vista, enter this command: %LOCALAPPDATA%/Google
How to Uninstall Google Chrome in Linux
- First, go to Application → Debian → Applications → System → Package Management → Package Manager.
- On the packages list, look for the “Google Chrome.”
- Select the checkbox of “Google Chrome package.”
- If you do not want to save any configuration files, choose “Mark for complete removal.” However, you want to keep some favorites intact, choose “Mark for removal.” After that click apply.
- On the menu of “To be completely removed,” choose Google Chrome then click apply.
How to Uninstall Google Chrome in Mac
- Go to the folder when you save your Google Chrome.
- Drag it to the icon of trash. If you install it on the Applications folder, then you need an administrative right to uninstall the Google Chrome.