Updating Windows is a must to keep your computer up to date. However, it can be an issue when you don’t have sufficient internet connection. Well, internet connection is no longer a problem in updating Windows because there are many tools you can use to update it offline. One of them is WSUS Offline Update, and it can be the life savior if you currently don’t have access to a stable internet connection.
Windows Offline Update
What Is WSUS Offline Update and How It Works?
Just like what the name suggests, WSUS Offline Update is a freeware that can help to update Windows without an internet connection. But now the question is, how does it work? Is it possible to update Windows without an internet connection?
Well, you will still need to go online to download the updates. Don’t get this wrong because it is impossible to do the whole process offline.
But the good thing about WSUS Offline Update is this tool makes it possible to download the updates on a different computer with the one that you want to update. For example, you can use your office’s internet connection to download the updates, save them in USB or as iso files and then install them offline in the PC you have at home.
How to Update Windows with WSUS Offline Update?
You can follow this step by step guide to use WSUS Offline Update to update your windows offline.
- You can download the freeware in www.wsusoffline.net. This tool can be used to update Windows Vista, Windows 7, Windows 8 and Windows 10.
- Once it has been downloaded, first of all, extract the software in the computer with internet connection.
- Open the folder containing the software and then launch the Update Generator.
- In the Windows tab, choose the version of Windows you want to update. You can also download some extras such as C++ Runtime Libraries, Service Packs, Windows Defenders and Microsoft Security Essentials. Simply check on the extras you want to include.
- Move to the Office tab and put a checkmark on the version and language of Office that you want to download. If you don’t need this, you can skip it.
- You have an option to create .iso files or put the update files in USB. But if you don’t want to do this, all the updates will automatically be placed in the client folder.
- Click Start and the updates download process will begin when a Command Window Prompt appears.
- Once the download is completed, copy the client folder to the C: Drive of the computer that you want to update. This is where the offline update process starts.
- Open the client folder and then run the UpdateInstaller.
- When a new window appears, put a checkmark on Update Root Certificates, Install Internet Explorer 11, Update C++ runtime Libraries, Install Microsoft Silverlight, Install .Net Framework 4.x and 4.0, Update Remote Desktop Client and Verify Installation Packages.
- Click Start and a command Window will appear, signing that the updating process has begun.
- Once the process is completed, go to Windows Update and choose the updates you want to download.